One of the most valuable benefits of CHPTA membership can be the information obtained from the Association’s CORE, SMART, HR, LOGISTICS & CONNECTPRO for YOUNG PROFESSIONALS peer networking groups. Members can discuss industry issues and best practices in a friendly forum facilitated by a CHPTA representative. On occasion, outside experts can be brought in to present or provide information on a specific topic. Group members find these meetings to be highly valuable, a great way to network with industry peers and the industry knowledge learned could save your company thousands of dollars each year.
CHPTA is pleased to announce a new networking group for young professionals! ConnectPro brings together young professionals in the Canadian hardware and housewares product sector to participate in meaningful and beneficial networking opportunities.
- Forge valuable professional industry relationships that can help you develop professionally and personally
- Stay ahead of the competition with access to educational resources and thought-leaders sharing the latest trends, best practices, innovation, and technology
- Develop your leadership skills through group participation and special activities
- Increase your social capital and connect with potential mentors and advisers who can further your career goals
- Build relationships with potential future industry collaborators
- Give back by working with CHPTA’s charitable partnerships
What does the membership include?
- 4 get-togethers per year at Canyon Creek (25 Carlson Ct, Etobicoke, ON M9W 6A2)
- 2 drinks, plus eats
- Special presentation at each get-together
- Time to network and build professional connections
What does the membership cost?
Membership is $200 per year or $65 per event. These prices do not include HST.
How to join?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-282-0022 ext.121
What is SMART?
SMART stands for “Sales Managers Achieving Results Together”
How Does it Work?
Senior sales managers, account managers and marketing executives from non-competing companies (we have multiple groups set up to avoid conflicts) meet via Zoom once a month to discuss industry issues and best practices.
Agendas are determined by the group (10 to 15 members) on the day of the meeting and sessions are facilitated by a CHPTA representative to keep them focused, productive, and finished on time. Meetings last 1 hour.
On occasion, outside experts can be brought in to present or provide information on a specific topic or issue.
We also conduct a similar program for senior executives called CORE (Chief Officers Reaching Excellence) who discuss senior management and industry issues as well as an HR (Human Resources) Group for HR Managers and persons with HR responsibilities where HR issues and best practices are discussed and new legislation impacting employees and the workplace are reviewed. Again, experts are brought in from time to time to present on specific topics.
Similarly, the CHPTA has recently set up a new Supply Chain – Logistics Group for managers handling distribution/warehousing/shipping responsibilities.
Signup or More Information:
So if you are interested in participating in any of these peer networking groups or would like further information, please contact Michael Jorgenson at (416) 282-0022 ext. 134 or email@example.com.